Category Archives: project
For more than 60 years, Brennan’s Restaurant in New Orleans has maintained an almost mythical status as one of the nation’s great culinary landmarks. Every setting within the establishment honors a distinctive element of New Orleans’s traditions, history, and cultural influence.
Historic Renovation & Pêche Restaurant
Landis completed two major projects in the heart of the Warehouse District, at the corner of Magazine and Julia streets – Pêche Seafood Grill and 450 Julia Street, consisting of nine high-end residential units and an art gallery.
New Orleans’s only four-star hotel, the Windsor Court Hotel, completed its first major renovation since opening in 1984. As the general contractor for the project, Landis Construction was responsible for the fast-tracked project that included overhaul of the hotel’s 316 guest rooms, public spaces and meeting rooms, as well as the addition of a new bar, pool and full-service spa.
The Landis team completed the renovation of the Lafon Nursing Facility for the Sisters of the Holy Family. The 15-month project included complete renovation of the facility, which was damaged and forced to close in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. The renovation included 149 patient beds, 10 of which have access to medical gas.
Ochsner Foundation Hospital’s new Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) and updated pediatric wing (PEDS) were renovation projects undertaken within a fully-operational hospital. The project involved three distinct units: PICU, PEDS, and a swing unit connecting the two.
Construction of the 11,000 square foot PICU, which is in the space formally occupied by the Respiratory Therapy Department, called for complete demolition of the interior space and new construction.
The 34th District Judicial Courthouse in St. Bernard Parish is an Art Deco structure designed by the architecture firm of Weiss, Dreyfous & Seiferth in 1939. The 44,000 square foot courthouse is home to the Clerk of Courts and associated staff, and has survived two hurricanes, a “flood of the century”, evacuations, and mold infestation.
The Trinity Episcopal Youth Center is a 3,700 square foot building that was built in 1885 and has been renovated to house visiting community volunteers. The facility will also serve as an operation hub for the church and school during emergencies.
Located on historic St. Charles Avenue, the 31,000 square foot renovation and addition of Thomas Hall provides Loyola students and prospective students a one-stop-shop visitor center and administrative building. The facility houses the offices of admission, financial aid, the bursar, student records and student finances.
The Convocation Center and Annex Building project is the next in a long history of projects Landis has completed for Xavier University. Bounded by Short, Palm, and Stroelitz Streets, the project includes a 94,000 square foot multipurpose Arena and a 23,000 square foot Annex Building.
The 401 Girod Street Apartment project is part of a larger Warehouse District development that includes renovations to the neighboring 637 and 641 Tchoupitoulas Street properties. A “low-key”, circa 1870 Commercial Warehouse, the Girod Street building was converted into an auto service/filling station in the early 20th century.