Loyola University Thomas Hall
Located on historic St. Charles Avenue, the 31,000 square foot renovation and addition of Thomas Hall provides Loyola students and prospective students a one-stop-shop visitor center and administrative building. The facility houses the offices of admission, financial aid, the bursar, student records and student finances. This historical renovation preserved several qualities of the structure that was built in 1911 including the stained and leaded glass windows, wood lattice windows, wooden staircase, original front doors and exterior masonry that featured pre-cast books and other ornamentals. The chapel’s original marble floors and painted ceilings were uncovered and restored. The project been LEED Certified by the US Green Building Council (USGBC) Gold rating. Green elements incorporated into the project include FSC Certified wood, a waste management program and use of regional and recycled materials.